Warning : A vain post.
Why do I title this post; Playing with Make Up? Because I literally played around with my make up. Lol. Everything was trial and error.
I enjoy experimenting different shades of colours and different make up styles. It gives me a better understanding of what suits me and what does not. Being perfect at make up is tiring >< Shouldn't applying make up be fun and not a chore? :D This is coming from someone who disliked make up before lol.
Anyway, I followed this video closely and was trying my best to imitate how she did her make up. And the result? Wasn't close at all ><
But it wasn't all for nothing. I guess I can say that I did learn a few new things. I still suck at
fake eyelashes though :P
Here's me without any make up.
And here are all the after make up photos.
I believe that it looks NOTHING like the tutorial even though I followed it closely >< That's because I didn't have some of the similar make up shades as she had. So I ended up improvising it with the make up that I had lol.
After looking at my before and after photos, my conclusion of make up is, make up = magic. LOL.
I've never worn this much make up out before. I applied this make up in my room, took photos and removed it later on. The most I've ever worn out are; mascara, eyeliner, eye shadow, eyebrow, blush, and lipstick. No bb cream, foundation, fake eyelashes and so on.
This is how I usually look like when I go out.
Not like this. Lol.
If I'm hardworking, I'll wear eyeliner. If not, its just eyebrow and lip balm :)
Here's what I used to create this look:
1) Natio - Pure Mineral Face Primer
2) The Face Shop - Lovely ME:EX Angel Skin Make Up Base in Mint
3) Boujours - Healthy Mix Serum, Gel Foundation in 52 Vanilla
4) Garnier - Light BB, Instant Fairness BB Eye Roll-On
5) Etude House - Proof 10 Eye Primer
6) Etude House - Vanilla Eye Shadow
7) Colour Combos Girl - Glittering Eyeliner in 01 Black
8) Etude House - Drawing Show Creamy Pencil in Burgundy
9) Essence - Eyebrow Designer in 04 Blonde
10) Fake Eyelashes
11) Essence - Get BIG! Lashes, Volume Boost Waterproof Mascara
12) Elianto - Super Brilliant Colour Powder in 01 Bronze
Fake eyelashes close up. Sister bought this from a night market for RM10 if I'm not mistaken. Very natural falsies :)
13) The Face Shop - Lovely ME:EX, My Lips Eat Cherry Aqua Tint
14) Red Earth - Blush Pot in RD030
15) Daiso Disposable Powder Puff
These are the items I used (from what I remember) when I was following the tutorial. I dug up whatever closests make up me and my sister had. But one thing I must say, the eyeliner (7) is a very terrible eyeliner (in my opinion)! It smudges very very easily, and it is not waterproof at all. When I applied it above my eye shadow, it just took over everything as if I didn't apply any eye shadow -.- (I have not bought my latest eyeliner that time)
Yeah. There you have it :P
Its kinda strange on how I gotten interested in make up. Before this, I used to think; why does make up exist? Its so difficult to apply, time consuming, wastes money and etc. I just complained because I couldn't get anything right in make up. Plus, acne prone skin :(
Thanks to my sister, I believe I got interested in make up because of her hehe.
The post has come to an end now. I shall end it with some food pictures :D
Till then, TTFN.